The Brilliant Club’s Brilliant Tutoring Programme offers PhD researchers and doctoral graduates a paid opportunity which advances professional development and equips tutors with the necessary skills to support pupils from underrepresented backgrounds. Training with The Brilliant Club and working as a BTP tutor enables researchers to enrich their understanding of the UK education system through pedagogical theory training and first-hand teaching experience.
• Support local underrepresented pupils whose learning has been disrupted by Covid-19
• Receive expert training and real experience to develop their teaching and other transferable skills including content creation, communication, and digital competency
• Earn £1000 per 2 placements
• Join a nationwide community of researchers making a significant impact on pupils’ learning
• Develop competencies compatible with Vitae’s Researcher Development Framework
Tutors will be supported in completing a series of training modules before beginning their placement and given further support through a tutorial observation to receive constructive feedback. Tutors are assigned a Programme Officer to support programme logistics and provide support throughout the placement.
Once you are trained and assigned a place in one of our schools, you will run a placement in which you will deliver 15 hours of tutoring over the course of 15 weeks to your pupils.
Phase One: Training. Tutors complete a series of training modules which prepare them for delivering the tutorials.
Phase Two: Logistics. The placement school will be confirmed. Working with the Programme Officer and the school’s Lead Teacher, the programme virtual learning environment (VLE} will be set up.
Phase Three: Deliver the tutorials.
Phase Four: Payment. Tutors are paid for every placement delivered.