News and Views
CHARITY UPDATE ON COVID-19
Public Health England (PHE) has confirmed a number of cases of COVID-19 in the UK. We take the wellbeing, health and safety of all our employees and stakeholders seriously. We are monitoring the situation closely, implementing and following guidance issued by Public Health England, the Department of Health & Social Care, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the World Health Organisation.
At this point, and in line with government advice, The Brilliant Club’s programmes, including university trips, are proceeding as planned. The charity is continuing to review its policies to ensure we can maintain a business-as-usual service for the foreseeable future and as far as possible, while protecting those we work with.
We have provided specific guidance on the links below for:
The Brilliant Club has advised all of its staff and tutors to follow PHE’s general guidance:
- If you have been in contact with someone with coronavirus or have returned from an affected area identified by the Chief Medical Officer as high risk and you are feeling unwell with a cough, difficulty breathing or fever, stay at home and use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service or call NHS 111.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
- To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
- If you are pregnant or have an underlying health condition, ask your doctor about whether you should attend your programme or placement.
As the situation and the UK’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak develops, we will update this page with more information.
If you have an urgent query about The Brilliant Club and COVID-19, you can contact us here.