National
Tutoring
Programme

The Brilliant Club is planning to be part of the national effort to support schools in addressing the impact of Covid-19 school closures on pupils. Our Brilliant Club PhD tutors will deliver curriculum focused tuition to small groups of pupils. The programme will be open to current and new partners.

What is the National Tutoring Progamme?

The National Tutoring Programme (NTP)has been designed and developed by a collaboration of five charities – the Education Endowment Foundation, Sutton Trust, Impetus, Nesta and Teach First – working in partnership with the Department for Education. The programme aims to support schools in England by providing a sustained response to the coronavirus pandemic and to provide a longer-term contribution to closing the attainment gap. Visit their website for further information.

 

National Tutoring Programme: FAQs

Why is The Brilliant Club planning to take part?

The mission of our charity is to support pupils from underrepresented groups to access highly-selective universities. We are passionate about making sure no pupil misses out on a high-quality education to access a future they deserve. We are highly experienced in delivering small group tutoring in schools across the UK through The Scholars Programme. We are utilising our current tutor training, impact and evaluation and delivery expertise to deliver a curriculum focused programme to support the National Tutoring Programme.

What funding is available?

The Government are providing £350 million to support the National Tutoring Programme. 75% of the costs of tutoring by approved providers will be covered by this funding and schools will contribute the remaining 25%. We will be able to provide further details on the costing of The National Tutoring Programme delivered by The Brilliant Club in the Autumn term.

How can I find out more?

We are currently designing the structure and content of this programme and will be submitting a bid to become an approved provider in September, with full approved provider lists confirmed in October. In the meantime, please drop us an email at hello@thebrilliantclub.org or enquire here to speak to our team about supporting your pupils through this programme in 2020-21.

I’m a researcher, how can I become a tutor?

To take part as a Brilliant Club tutor on the National Tutoring Programme we are asking researchers to apply to be a tutor through The Scholars Programme. Click here to find out more and apply. Please mention in your application that you are interested in working on this scheme.

If you are successful at the application and assessment centre you will be eligible to work on both The Scholars Programme (delivering your own research) and the National Tutoring Programme (delivering curriculum focused courses). Both programmes are paid tutoring opportunities with thorough training provided by our team. Any questions email apply@thebrilliantclub.org. Thank you for your interest in supporting this great initiative!