If you are wondering how Covid-19 has affected your child’s placement on The Scholars Programme either for spring or summer term 2020, The Brilliant Club’s approach is below.
- If your child was enrolled on The Scholars Programme during the spring term, we are still encouraging final assignment submissions. Pupils should do this via the Scholars VLE, where they will also be able to ask their PhD tutor for support as they finalise their assignment.
- If your child is struggling to access the Scholars VLE, please get in touch using email@example.com.
- If your child was due to start a summer term programme, we are speaking to their schools about running the programme when they have reopened.
- Meanwhile, we would encourage pupils to be using the launch resources which introduce them to The Scholars Programme, including an introductory session on useful study skills and university information. These can be found here.
- We will also be providing further resources in the coming weeks which will help prepare pupils for The Scholars Programme. You will be able to access them here.
- We are also working to provide resources that all pupils can access regardless of whether pupils have engaged with The Scholars Programme before or will in the future – these are available here. These resources will focus on university skills, academic content and university knowledge. There will be resources appropriate for pupils aged 10-18.
- If parents would like to receive updates, we encourage them to sign up for our newsletter and to keep an eye out on our website and Twitter, @BrilliantClub.